As per Gartner’s prediction, by 2016 most of the SMBs and Enterprises will adopt iPaaS.
The booming SaaS market needs sophisticated smart iPaaS and aPaaS solutions to perform seamless integration between apps on Cloud at a cheap subscription rate.
Key Cloud Innovations are taking place in the domain of Cloud Enabled Integration Platform (CEIP) and Cloud Enabled Application Platform (CEAP).
- Dell-Boomi, IBM-Cast Iron, SnapLogic, Queplix, Jitterbit — are the major iPaaS players purpose built from ground up for serving SaaS and On-Premise Legacy App Integration.
- Its important to note : why AAA chose Dell-Boomi over Cast-Iron and Jitterbit – http://searchdatamanagement.techtarget.com/news/2240114684/AAA-picks-Dell-Boomi-cloud-integration-tools-over-IBM-Jitterbit
- MuleSoft and Tibco ActiveMatrix are great examples of how long-term ESB players quickly transforming themselves itself into Cloud Enabled Integration Environment – like MuleiON. But they are lacking the Web-based Integration Designer, which is primary requirement for enabling SMBs creating a SaaS integration.
The CEIP or CEAP transformation is crucial for the survival of original PaaS majors like EngineYard, LongJump. Mere on-premise ESB / BPM offerings (cordys, sonic, fiorano ) are not just enough unless served from Cloud for Cloud !
Lets see how different vendors sharing the pies of the emerging marketplace.
- OrangeScape, Wavemaker, force.com are great examples of Application PaaS that allow users build Composite Business Applications on Web. True believers of ‘No Software, No Hardware’
- MDM is the main strength for Informatica & Infoteria.
- Vordel done a great job in opening its api so that apps can automatically follow them. Same applies to Mashery, JackBe , Atmos.phe.re that allow mashing up services and app integrations through API calls.
- Hubspan & SeeBurger focusing on business-to-business (B2B) multi-enterprise integration and Consolidation Cloud Service.
- Pervasive Software , Liaison Software – Data Integration (manage, integrate, analyze) Layer 7 — Cross App Data Security, Compliance and Governance for Cloud Integration.
- Vigience Overcast offers SAP–to-CRM/ERP Integration on Cloud
- SPSCommerce – Industry’s leading Trading Partner Integration Center (Retail-Supply-Chain Integration on-the-fly)
Quite an impressive array of vendors to choose from !!
aPaaS and iPaaS are maturing as self-sustained business domains ! Oracle, HP, Cisco, Microsoft may eventually eye upon some of the above integration providers like SnapLogic, MuleSoft, Jitterbit !
Whoever will be able to address the ‘SMBs’ concerns for Cloud Adoption and SaaS Integrity’ – will emerge as Champions !
SMB’s Shopping List of Data Integration Features :